This year includes an early chance to see the new Makoto Shinkai film Your Name, as well as a retrospective of the director's past films. The festival will also screen the videogame spin-off CG feature Kingslaive: Final Fantasy XV, and Studio 4C's Harmony, and there will be a unique chance to see a collection of Production I.G shorts. Lost 70's cult classic Belladonna Of Sadness and 40's propaganda piece Momotaro, Sacred Sailors will also be screened. And once again, the event will contain a top secret mystery film, which won't be revealed until the screening.
Tickets for the Glasgow screenings are now on sale, tickets for the Edinburgh leg will be available from September 9th.
Glasgow (October 14th-16th)
- Belladonna Of Sadness (11pm)
- Momotaro, Sacred Sailors (13:40)
- Pigtales + Q & A (16:15)
- Kizumonogatari Parts 1 + 2 (20:20)
- Anthem Of The Heart (12:15)
- Kingslaive: Final Fantasy XV (15:00)
- MYSTERY FILM (PREMIERE) (17;30)
Edinburgh (October 17th-23rd)
- [ Makoto Shinkai Director Focus] The Place Promised In Our Early Days (20:30)
- [ Makoto Shinkai Director Focus] Garden Of Words/ Voices Of A Distant Star (20;30)
- Belladonna Of Sadness (20:30)
- Princess Arete (20:30)
The Screening times of the following films are all TBC.
- Accel World Infinite Burst
- Kingslaive: Final Fantasy XV
- Kizumonogatari Parts 1 + 2
- A Silent Voice
- Momotaro, Sacred Sailors
- Your Name
- Girls Und Panzer Der Film
- Persona 3: Spring Of Birth
- Pigtails & Other Shorts By Production I.G
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.